Sunday, November 16, 2014

Mommy diary: pg.33

I'm such a planner.
I think ahead all of the time. 
My husband and I go through clearance items after the holidays because we are always planning for the following year. 

Which explains why today as we unpacked CHRISTmas - I found a tiny little Christmas baby shoe ornament, labeled "baby's 1st Christmas."

Last Christmas season was such a happy time for us. We announced our pregnancy to my family and New Year's Eve we announced it to the world. We spent these weeks and the few following on cloud 9. So of course- we clearanced shopped for 3-6mth old holiday baby outfits (which are still hanging in my closet next to other items we were gifted).

Now here I am today organizing and bringing out Christmas.  I never imagined finding this ornament.  To be honest I had forgotten all about it.  Yet I stood there with a blank stare on my face and this huge knot in my throat as I stared at the bottom of the ornament bag. Holding back tears because I'm so tired of crying.   I recently hid a bunch of people on fb  because I didn't want reminders or triggers. Well what a surprise I gave myself today.  A year ago I planned ahead to spend this very first Christmas with my baby and honor the holiday with a cute ornament. Who knows....Perhaps this would become a tradition, daddy buying her a new one every year. Yet, today it proved to be a huge trigger.  Slap in my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment