Friday, June 10, 2016

Mommy diary: pg. 48

First time for everything.

Hi baby girl!
I knew this year would be filled with firsts.. Just didn't think I would experience this one at all! You cried yourself to sleep tonight. That sounds so cruel, but you did cause mama had no choice, but to let you.

Your dad and I drove separate cars today and I followed him home from Fowler to Kerman (a good 40 minutes).

You started crying as soon as we reached the freeway and I tried everything. I did some singing and I did some shoooshing and I reached back to touch you, which seemed to make your screams louder. I tried to grab your hand a few times only to have you pull your little hand away. 

You are only 5 1/2 months old, so I doubt you purposely yanked your hand away, but it sure felt like it. Haha.

When you calmed down a bit, I reached back to hold your hand and this time you let me. You stopped crying with only about 7 minutes left of our drive. 

It was then that I cried, for that last 7 minutes I cried as I held your hand. 

I'm sorry I had to let you cry it out until you fell asleep. I can't promise it won't happen again, but I'm sure mama will be crying with you. 



Mama loves you Victoria Elizabeth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment