Sunday, March 24, 2013

18mths and counting

More than a year seems too long to say that it's the last time you spent time with us! More than a year ago, things weren't perfect, but we were happy. You were happy, weren't you? Despite the craziness that life was between your moms home and our home...You knew who your mom was you knew who your dad was and well I was about to marry your father and be stepmom to you. I remember the conversation we had, when you kept asking me what you would call me after he and I were married... My reply was whatever you want to call me. I walk around with a piece of me missing. I wasn't your mom, but I watched you grow up into this young lady. You were a part of my life just as much as you were a part of his. I have loved you since the first day your dad let me hold you!! you were such a cute baby. (yes your dad! He is your dad, always has been for 12 years and counting he will be your father no matter what any DNA test says now) his heart didn't change when we found out! Did he hurt? YES was he confused? YES does he still love you ? ALWAYS. We miss you so much. I miss you, and sometimes I miss you in silence just because I'm afraid to open a wound in him that I know hasn't healed. We wished for so long that nothing would change. And we never blame you for wanting space. If we, as adults, felt a deep despair at the news , I could not imagine what you felt. I pray one day, you will reach out for us again. We will be here!! Waiting. When you are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment