Monday, March 25, 2013

Looking for my rainbow

I see you
And all the signs
I hear you when you cry at night
And I don't need to wonder why

I watch you toss and turn
And follow you from the bed, to the couch and then down to the floor.

I'm in your shadow throughout the day
Just a few steps behind to stay out of your way.

I'm in your corner, in that space, the one you go to when you can't show your face.

I listen when you scream and shout
I understand what it's all about
I see past all the cries and tears
I know that it's only just your fears

I'm sorry that I can't lend my hand
I'm sorry that I can't lend my shoulder
I'm sorry that I don't have the words
I'm sorry that I don't have the courage

I accept that I can't take your hand
I accept that I can't lean on your shoulder
I accept that I don't hear your words
I accept that I can't use your courage

I recognize you
Do you recognize me?
I am you and you are me

I see the girl I have become
Dark and moody and always bummed
I let the ugliness get out with every scream and every shout
I see my hurt and all the pain
Just wish I knew how to get her back
Hope the rainbow comes after all this rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment