Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Mommy diary: page 12

One distraction after another
Keeps my mind busy
Makes me think this will be easy
Returning to the gym, 
drinking coffee to try to get slim
Are the things I've occupied my mind with ....
But when I'm alone with my thoughts
You are there. 
Who am I kidding? 
You are everywhere. 

Yesterday, I nonchalantly went about my day and treated it as if it was just another day, but it wasn't. I didn't even make a big deal about it and only because I didn't want any attention. When I left that place that made sure that not one trace of you was left...I felt nothing. 

However, today, I feel differently. I can't stop thinking about you. 

When my grandma passed it took me a few months to be able to visit her gravesite, but once I did I felt such peace and a little guilt for waiting so long to visit her. With you, I don't have a gravesite to visit, I don't have a photo of you to light a candle and say a prayer. All I have is that feeling and emotion you created in my heart and soul. 


I miss you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment