Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mommy diary: pg. 20

My husband and I are rarely home. We live such busy lives outside our homes, but it's nice to get home early on a weekday, have time to cook, clean and enjoy a redbox.  This was our evening last night.  We even had the chance to sit on our new patio furniture and enjoy the neighborhood kids, racing their bikes.  


Back to the redbox: a while back I came across a movie on an online movie site, that I started to watch before it started buffering out. I lost patience that day and never tried to re-watch it.  So when I saw it in the redbox, I grabbed it.  The movie is titled Labor Day, with Kate Winslet and a familiar looking actor (his name slips my mind). Movie spoiler from this point on.  I popped it in while I cooked dinner and my husband automatically recognized the narrator's voice and asked if I was watching spider man? Ummmmm, no! I guess the narrator's voice was Tobey Maguire's voice. 

 

So, moving forward we realize right away it's some type of love story, with a mysterious twist.  It's rather slow, but keeps our interest, because the main character is running from the law for something he did or didn't do in his past. I am watching bits and pieces cause I am cooking, but then the focus turns on Kate Winslet (supporting actress in the movie), I thought I had her depression figured out from the get-go: husband leaves her for another woman, she is left as a single mom. I didn't quite expect at all that the story line behind her depression was based on miscarriage(s) and a stillborn.  I was completely caught off guard and didn't know what to do with my emotions. The tv screen captured my attention, all of me was wrapped in the scenes that depicted HER STORY.  I tried my best to not fall apart, but that was almost impossible, and my husband realized right away and offered a touch of support, which was all I needed.  I watched every scene and every moment.  I understood the aftermath of it all, also.  

 

This movie night brought about an unexpected whirlwind of emotions for me.  I just had to share to help me filter through my thoughts.  I can't quite explain the amount of confusion I have right now, in regards to hope and fear. This is a new battle. Oh boy, I wasn't ready for this battle.  I like to rely on hope and faith. However, I wish I was that girl that use to say "Oh that won't ever happen to me."

 

Now, the main character, well he was a father to a child who he later found out wasn't his at all; also something we are familiar with. However, my husband didn't seem too worked up about that. Men are so different.  This may be a discussion he and I will discuss at a later moment, because he may still be processing. 


Overall, it was a good movie, and a good night in the Regalado Household.



No comments:

Post a Comment