Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Infant and pregnancy loss awareness

A tiny pink stone. So small that it fits in my hand. I placed it in my pocket and all day I found myself squeezing it between my fingers. Daddy gifted it to me just yesterday and he said I should keep a piece of him with me all day long, but today I had you girls on my mind and strangely, that little pink stone brought me so much comfort. I felt you with me. After all, you were a piece of him and a piece of me, wrapped up in your little beings. 
I miss you every day. As I'm sure I will miss u forever. 

I wish I could have given you my warmth.
I wish I could have smothered you with kisses.
I wish daddy could have rocked you while singing you to sleep. 

I pray to God that you both know how much you were wanted, how much you are loved and how much you are missed.

My continuous burning candle, I hope it shines bright tonight for you girls and all of the angel babies.  I learned about this day a year or two ago. A classmate of mine, had suffered a loss and via social media, I became aware of this Remembrance Day. I lit a candle that year for her son. 

Never in my life could I imagine that fast forward a few years and here I am lighting a candle for not one, but two angel babies. 
 
Mama loves you 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment