Thursday, October 23, 2014

Mommy Diary: pg 31

As a child, I would categorize the time of the year as follows: summer break, winter break - school days, weekends. . . . this followed into my college years.  As a working adult, my categories transitioned into: Monday through Friday, then "hello weekend, good bye to summer and winter breaks!!"  Although, I have returned to enjoying summer and winter breaks, now that I work for the school district, I seem to tell time differently now.

Let's label this as TTC (trying to conceive) time.
Each month is broken up into 4 categories:

Shark week: that 5-7 day period where I am miserable because aunt flow has now made her appearance. I spend it moping around the house, feeling all the regular symptoms any other female feels with the added emotional stress of completely failing to get pregnant the month before.

Ovulation week: also a 3-5 day gap, sometimes longer, where I try to politely, initiate sex, without  pressuring him or letting him know how the next few days are super important and will determine the rest of the month for me. No pressure babe, but just so you know, I have prepped for this for some time now, and let's make the most of the next few days. Oh yahhhhh, cause that is such a turn on. Being on a schedule sucks.

The next 2 weeks (TWW - two week wait): I wait, somewhat patiently. Thinking about all the prep I had to do this month, the temping, the frequent urinating at certain hours of the day.  The numerous tests I threw out because I was certain I did it wrong.  Can I add that I am still concerned if I am even testing correctly?? What if my ovulating days are completing off? Just imagine all the "what if's?"  The added stress leading up to 5 days before my next period, because then I get anxious.  I am tempted to start to do at home pregnancy tests, hoping to catch an early detection.  I try to hold out as long as i can, but almost every month without fail, I test early, sometimes twice and so far, big fat negatives, which are followed up with that rude appearance that aunt flow makes to announce the beginning of Shark week.

2 more months of this and then we start looking into other options to help us conceive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment