Sunday, March 30, 2014

Mommy diary: page 18

2mths 7 days since i miscarried. 

I'm sharing this because I feel like I can here without judgement. I passed my baby naturally at home. I knew exactly the moment she would be coming because I felt pains, some could say labor pains (I wouldn't know the difference because this was my first pregnancy) extreme cramping and pains is what they were. For the fact that I was aware that I was practically giving birth, I could not let my baby fall into the toilet bowl, let alone flush her as if she was a gold fish. ( I say she because i feel in my heart she would have been a girl). With that being said, I kept her in a small decorative box, with the intent to bury her. I mean, what does a woman do when they miscarry at home naturally. I had no idea so I did what I felt was the right thing. In retrospect, it may seem odd or crazy to others. But that is how I dealt with what was going on at that moment...Needless to say the past 2mths, I went through a lot, because this miscarriage began a whirlwind of unfortunate circumstances for me that made the grieving process difficult. I didn't stop bleeding, was hemorrhaging  so much that even after the d&c dr talked about a hysterectomy. Luckily, just last week my uterus was cleared. I am ok. My uterus is ok and I can continue grieving. So today, along with my husband. We buried our baby. Brought me so much peace and deep down inside I knew holding onto her was not healthy. So this is a part of me I wanted to share. Please be kind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment