Thursday, April 17, 2014

High school sweethearts

In my circle of friends, I know quite a few couples who have been together since high school and are still together to this day. 

I think that it is beautiful. I am not naive to the fact that it's been rough, every relationship/marriage is. 

Recently, someone told me that my husband and I are "comfortable" with each other. That we have settled because we haven't actually dated ANYONE since high school. So it isn't LOVE, it is comfort and convenience, cause we don't know any better than being with ONLY each other. 

Obviously I was outraged at these comments. 

My husband and I are not perfect, but we grew up together. We have experienced our teenage years, crazy college years and early adulthood together. We have supported each other through the good and the bad. He is my strength where I am weak amd I am his. 

This is not the case of comfort or convenience. We love each other despite our flaws. Yes, our history and the length of our friendship before our marriage is a plus. I am fortunate, because not everyone can say that they married their best friend..... I can! 

Okay, vent over!

No comments:

Post a Comment